Associate Scientist II/Scientist I, Pharmaceutical Development CMC
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie has expanded its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. AbbVie is also expanding their expertise through partnering with companies leading the way in emerging biologic technologies including oncolytic viruses’ and CAR-T cells.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Associate Scientist II/Scientist I within the Pharmaceutical Development Group in the CMC Biologics department at AbbVie, Redwood City, CA. AbbVie at Redwood City is an R&D organization focused on development of innovative biologics in the field of Oncology. This position will support CMC drug product development for oncology pipeline that include mAbs, ADCs, and novel bispecific antibody formats, from discovery through clinical proof-of-concept.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct stability studies to enable selection of formulation composition and container closure for liquid and lyophilized dosage forms for antibody therapeutics.
- Conduct drug product process development studies as well as product end-use studies to guide dose solution administration.
- Provide data analysis and documentation for technical reports, presentations, and regulatory filings.
- BS or MS degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemical engineering, analytical sciences, or equivalent field with 3-7 years of relevant experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Strong technical background encompassing protein chemistry coupled with an understanding of CMC development workflows and requirements.
- Hands-on experience with analytical techniques for protein characterization and stability testing required.
- Prior protein formulation development and lyophilization process development experience highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.