ARCH Platform Technology Consultant
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Research is seeking a Technology Consultant to help develop the foundational data convergence platform for AbbVie Research and Development. This role will facilitate the successful completion of use cases and core functionality for the AbbVie Research Convergence Hub (ARCH) platform through quantitative assessment, communications, and project leadership activities.
Under the direction of the Convergence Platform Program Lead, and delivering on the vision of executive leadership, you will play a crucial role in developing the capabilities of the ARCH. This role connects AbbVie business stakeholders to the development process, ensuring that subject matter experts drive the data and knowledge delivered by the technology platform.
This is an opportunity to become part of the team building an integrated R&D data and analytics platform – the AbbVie Research Convergence Hub (ARCH) - to power data-driven insights that ultimately lead to better, faster decisions and therapies for patients. You will help enable and grow our culture of data driven insights and decision making. You will help drive R&D productivity through shortening cycle times. Most importantly, by helping to unlock information like deeper understanding of novel therapies, biomarkers that are predictive of response, novel endpoints, and many more concepts you will make cures possible and will make a remarkable impact in the lives of our people and patients.
- Coordinate data and knowledge curation with subject matter experts across a variety of data domains
- Gather and document user requests for features and functionality
- Establish measurements, metrics, and KPIs to inform ARCH platform development
- Develop user acceptance and test-driven-development criteria
- Liaise with internal stakeholder groups to determine prioritization
- Drive for continuous improvement and enablement through close collaboration with domain data owners and experts
- Collaborate with external partners involved in development of the ARCH platform
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of experience; Master's Degree with 7 years of experience; PhD with 3 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Data stewardship / knowledge curation
- Testing / user acceptance
- Quantitative analytics
- SDLC facilitation
- Life sciences / pharmaceutical / biopharma domain knowledge
- UI/UX Design
- Technology product management
- Highly regulated and restricted data
- Statistics and data science
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage time and deliver results across multiple workstreams at once
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple groups within the organization and effectively collaborate with external partners
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.