AWS Architect - Integration
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Research is seeking an established AWS Solutions Architect to operationalize a variety of technologies to support the AbbVie Research Convergence Hub (ARCH) program. Under the direction of the Convergence Platform Program Lead, and delivering on the vision of executive leadership, this role will lead development and integration of applications delivering high-performance analytics and knowledge for AbbVie R&D.
This is an opportunity to become part of the team building an integrated R&D data and analytics platform – the AbbVie Research Convergence Hub (ARCH) - to power data-driven insights that ultimately lead to better, faster decisions and therapies for patients. You will help enable and grow our culture of data driven insights and decision making. You will help drive R&D productivity through shortening cycle times. Most importantly, by helping to unlock information like deeper understanding of novel therapies, biomarkers that are predictive of response, novel endpoints, and many more concepts you will make cures possible and will make a remarkable impact in the lives of our people and patients.
- Technical lead of application development and integration efforts, delivering features and optimizing reliability, performance, and cost-effectiveness of the ARCH platform
- Implement containerization and continuous integration, delivery, and testing (CI/CD/CT) processes
- Engineer the ARCH data access layer / API standards
- Coordinate efforts and work with internal and external partners involved in development of the ARCH platform
- Align with AbbVie systems lifecycle standards and processes
- Drive for continuous improvement and enablement through collaboration with domain data owners and experts
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of experience; Master's Degree with 7 years of experience; PhD with 3 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Extensive cloud solutions development experience (AWS preferred)
- Extensive applications development and integration experience across a variety of programming languages, including Python
- Metadata management, data quality, master data, and data lineage experience
- Hands-on CI/CD and containerization knowledge and experience (Jenkins preferred)
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Significant Cloudera architecture experience, preferably in an AWS cloud environment
- Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceutical companies.
- Hands-on technical proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, knowledge graphs
- Statistics and data science familiarity
- Highly regulated and restricted data domains experience
- Practical experience in a scientific discipline such as biology, pharmacology or related, ideally a BS or related degree
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage time and deliver results across multiple workstreams at once
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple groups within the organization and effectively collaborate with external partners
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.