Project Manager - Integrated Brand Team
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Integrated Brand Team (IBT) Project Manager will provide support for new product launches and on market brands. He/she will work closely with key leaders of the marketing organization and other AbbVie teams to ensure successful product launches and on market support. Responsibilities include organizing and tracking progress of integrated launch plans, planning launch related events, coordinating agendas, and project management of key initiatives identified by the Integrated Brand team and Integrated Operating Team (IOT).
- Relationship Management: Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with key leaders, across all cross-functional areas within commercial operations and develop a thorough understanding and knowledge in the science of the diseases, the business, and challenges.
- Initiate and Plan Program/Project: Works with commercial business partners to establish and gain consensus on program goals, objectives, and deliverables across the franchise. Responsible for building the plans and resource needs to accomplish business objectives.
- Program/Project Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect the program working with the IBT lead and business partners to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the program is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Executing and Closing Project: Leads project managers and teams in developing and executing a project plan ensuring that authorized resources are obtained to make certain that all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final program approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Project Communication: Communicate program progress by producing program reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to project teams, and senior commercial business partners. Makes recommendations based on current program status to resolve issues and manage risks.
- Resource and Team Management: Monitor Franchise pipeline to identify new IBT PM requirements. Coordinate resources to ensure project and business needs are addressed through proactive priority management with the commercial business. Motivates and mentors project managers across the franchise.
- Quality Management: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and functional policies and procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable program and project management experience.
- Ability to understand and organize programs and project tasks for several different cross-functional business teams.
- Experience with AbbVie brands, products, and teams.
- Can motivate and influence others without direct management authority.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of overall program/project management work experience.
- Pharmaceutical experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus.
- PPM Tool experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.