AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Job Title: Program Manager
Proposed Job Title: Program Manager, IT-Infrastructure
Responsible for providing leadership and oversight to ensure excellence in delivery of large IT-Infrastructure Programs. Leads Project Managers (PMs) for large and medium sized programs and partner with Project Owners, cross functional Infrastructure Service Teams, and other key areas in BTS to ensure delivery of key programs. Manage contracts with PM staffing firms and targeted resources required for project delivery. Ensure PMs are maintaining accountability and compliance with standardization and governance requirements. Keep a pipeline of key program and project manager talent to reduce staffing times on key projects.
- Quality Management: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Initiate and Plan IT Projects: Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives, and deliverables.
- Project Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects working with division and cross divisional management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Executing and Closing Projects: Develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Project Communication: Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to project team, division, cross division and executive management. Makes recommendations based on current project status to resolve issues.
- Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities. Supervises, motivates and mentor cross-functional /cross divisional project team of project managers, business analysts, developers, and validation analysts.
- Will lead an Infrastructure program with the objective of improving service capability for the Infrastructure Domain. This Program will consist of multiple projects spanning across both AbbVie and newly acquired Allergan technologies to insure best use of current knowledge and future capability.
- Will be expected to lead some individual projects within the program, as well as oversee activity of additional project managers also working in the program. Therefore, the candidate should be well-skilled and demonstrate experience in having managed and mentored project managers.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills given the high degrees of strategic impact, change, project complexity, and potential senior executive interactions.
- Solid experience and understanding of tracking and managing program/project budgets and financials.
- Will work with a matrixed team, and possibly multiple vendors.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Will lead and direct the work of others.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 9 years experience in business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with a minimum of 6 years experience managing projects
- Total Combined Experience: 12-15 years
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of related business experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing several large enterprise programs of various types
- Five years of management experience in project management capacity
- Proven track record of financial and risk management
- Strong leadership competence, with proven skills in managing change
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to build consensus and develop solid relationships
- Experience with cultural, organizational, technology and business process change efforts
- Proven communication skills; both written and verbal with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Master's degree in business, IT, operations, finance, etc.
- Project accounting
- Organizational change management experience
- Experience with multiple PPM tools
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.