ImmPACT-Bio is developing a novel Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell (CAR-T) strategy that uniquely differentiates cancerous from non-cancerous tissues, and specifically addresses a common mechanism for tumor immune-escape. Our approach will expand the target repertoire for CAR T therapies in solid tumors. We are an innovative and growing company founded from the FutuRx incubator in Israel. ImmPACT-Biotechnology is based on the research of Prof. Gideon Gross, an early leader in immunotherapy who invented the first CAR in Zelig Eshhar’s lab at the Weizmann Institute.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join us as a Research Associate in cancer immunotherapy. You will work in the laboratory as a core member of our T-cell molecular biology team. Under flexible supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform in vitro CAR-T immunoassays, play a critical role in the evaluation of lead CAR constructs, analyze results, and share findings with the team on a daily/weekly basis.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable – flexible with dynamic projects and priorities in a start-up environment
- Science-driven – inspired by cutting-edge science
Technical Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain cell lines for in vitro studies
- Activate and expand primary T cells for functional tests
- Transduce primary T cells and target cell lines using
- Quantify surface levels of chimeric antigen receptors using immunofluorescence staining
- Perform assays for T cell activation, tumor cell killing and cytokine release
- Experimental design and data analysis using Prism and Excel
- BS or MS degree in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, or a closely related field with at least 1 year of relevant academic or industry experience
- Analysis of cells by FACS, luminescence assays, and ELISA are preferred
- Aseptic cell culturing capabilities are preferred
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Salary and Benefits
ImmPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical, Dental & Vision the opportunity to participate in a 401k plan.
ImmPACT Bio is an Equal Opportunity employer and will review all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. All information provided will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.