Sr. Scientist Assay Development/CMC
Yoh has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Scientist with expertise in CMC and Assay Development to join our Client's team in San Diego, CA. This well-funded, highly-buzz-about Biotech Startup is focused on developing targeted gene therapies for aging and age-related diseases. This individual will be responsible for independently investigating new therapeutics for treating aging and age-related diseases as well as support our current vector development and manage RA’s.
See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or other opportunities in Biotech, please apply with your updated resume ASAP.
Title: Senior Scientist, CMC & Assay Development
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full time, direct hire
- Setting, completing and updating milestones related to main project
- Performing cell culture and virus creation and purification when needed
- Management and oversight of CRO’s to conduct animal or other experiments
- Performing standard and advanced cloning techniques
- Designing and executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clearly communicating progress.
- Ph.D. in virology, biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or related field required.
- Experience with AAV and other standard microbial techniques (e.g. ELISA, qPCR, cloning, western blot, cell culture, etc.)
- Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years of industry experience preferred.
- Experience managing a team of people and working between different groups.
- Proven ability to define a project goal and work independently or in a group setting to achieve it.
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.