Head of Cell Line Development
Piper Companies is actively seeking a Head of Cell Line Development to oversee a team of 10 Scientists at a well-know biopharmaceutical organization in the Raleigh/Durham area. The ideal candidate will have a background with mammalian cells such as cell line development, media development, CHO, and bioreactor process development.
Responsibilities of the Head of Cell Line Development:
- Coach new and existing employees on gene and vector construction, cell line generation, clone selection, 3rd party vendor support and new cell line platform evaluation.
- Manage the daily functions of the group by managing short and long-term projects, developing business strategies, and working hands on when needed.
- Establish secure expression cell lines for the production of the therapeutic proteins, and develop alternative expression platforms based on project needs.
- Professional communication with clients and proposal writing.
- Maintain and further the company's internal CHO cell expression platform to ensure the CLD group is offering a reliable and attractive area for current and future clients.
Qualifications of the Head of Cell Line Development:
- Ph.D or M.S. in Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Immunology + 10 years of experience in life sciences and industry settings
- Proven technical ability in molecular biology, cell culture, clone generation and fermentation development
- Proven ability to develop methods and techniques to obtain effective results
- Must be able to apply advance mathematical concepts like exponents, logarithms, permutations, and quadratic equations. Application of tasks like frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, correlation techniques, sampling theory, factor analysis, and analysis of variation.
Compensation of the Head of Cell Line Development:
- Salary: based on relevant experience + a bonus structure
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO