Research Associate, Antibody Engineering
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is currently offering a unique opportunity for a motivated Research Associate. This role is perfect for a recent college graduate who is excited to put their molecular biology research skills to work as part of our drug discovery process. Our team is focused on the discovery and lead-optimization of antibodies for novel therapeutic targets. This role will assist in the development of novel technologies to improve our in-vitro selection and protein engineering capabilities. An ideal candidate will be a recent BS graduate in the life sciences with previous experience in state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques. You should be an enthusiastic learner, meticulous experimentalist, and passionate investigator.
- Use PCR, DNA purification, restriction cloning, and reverse transcription PCR methodologies to discover therapeutic antibodies by yeast and ribosome display.
- Analyze the diversity of selection outputs via NGS and Sanger sequencing
- Screen protein-protein interactions & specificity using ELISA.
- Characterize biophysical stability & expression level of antibodies using SDS PAGE and related techniques
- Analyze and plot data using software, mostly Graphpad Prism and Microsoft Excel
- Keep an organized laboratory notebook and contribute to technical reports
- Give bi-weekly research updates to internal audience of collaborators
- Curiosity & willingness to develop new skills
- Precise and detail-oriented working style
- Experience with state-of-the-art molecular biology methods
- Ability to critically analyze your own data using Excel and Graphpad Prism
- Ability to communicate your research methods and results
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular & cell biology, life sciences, or similar field
- Experience working in a molecular biology research lab (internship & assistantship experiences are fine)
Interested applicants should click "Apply"
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.