Principal Scientist, Immune Oncology
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM has built a world class Immune Oncology group and a robust pipeline, and is excited to hire a Principal Scientist to help us develop new drug programs. This position is ideal for a seasoned researcher with substantive industry experience in immunotherapy drug development.
- Provide foundational expertise in Immunology and Cancer Biology, and serve as an internal thought-leader in oncology
- Evaluate and propose innovative immune-oncology strategies and targets
- Lead and mentor a group of scientists to discover, validate, and develop targets from concept to IND candidate
- Design and execute experiments in human and in vitro models
- Effectively represent the group in both internal and external presentations, including updates to research collaborators and meetings with NGM’s Scientific Advisory Board and Board of Directors
- Ph.D. and 6+ years of experience in Immunology and Cancer Biology
- Demonstrated research team leadership, including managing and mentoring scientists
- Professional experience in oncology drug development processes
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong record of advancing drug development candidates, and additionally a track record of publications, patents, and presentations
- Outstanding written, presentation, and oral communication skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.