Piper Companies is looking to identify a candidate for the Associate Scientist position in Frederick, MD. The Associate Scientist will be working within a well-established preclinical Research Organization providing hands-on technical support to various ongoing scientific studies.
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist:
- The full-time Associate Scientist is responsible for conducting in vitro experiments in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
- In charge of managing and executing the implementation of automation-based bioassays to create a high-throughput measurement infrastructure for flow cytometry
- Provide hands-on technical support to all sample processes including, sample testing, data analysis, cell staining, cell sorting, logging samples, receiving samples, and documenting study sample outcomes.
- Operates and maintains flow cytometers and ensures instrument data is accurately acquired and managed.
- Manages all logistical aspects pertaining to the study including paperwork, drug research, immunogens, and preparing as well as processing virus and infected samples.
Qualifications of the Associate Scientist:
- Holds a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a Scientific Research Field.
- 3-5 years of related laboratory experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Flow Cytometry and high-throughput workflows required.
- Experience with flow cytometry analysis software, e.g. FlowJo, and/or other bioinformatics analysis software.
Compensation for the Associate Scientist:
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical, Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
Keywords: Associate Scientist, Research Associate, Flow Cytometry, FlowJo, studies, cell culture, cell staining, Micro pipetting, cell culture, Elisa, influenza, plaque assays, viral load, PRNP, neutralization assays, ELISA, bioinformatics, data analysis, software/R programming, standardized abstraction, dna, immunology, pcr, qpcr, immunogen, samples, assay, standard operation procedures, sop, tissues, cells, replicate, biology, molecules, medical, dental, vision, 401k, pto