Sr. Manager, TLC
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Work with Director, who is single point of contact for R&D assigned Therapeutic Area and/or Functional area with regard to agreements within TLC, to work proactively with R&D, Scientific Assessment and others as a partner to effectively define contracting/licensing strategy.
- Serve as limited scientific support within TLC for protocols/questions, etc. for agreements.
- Negotiate, in conjunction with Legal-draft, and execute complex agreements (such as research, development, collaborative, consortium, license, CDx, device, etc..), including determination of major terms, termsheets and effective negotiation strategies.
- Manage interactions with external parties (working cooperatively with SA, VESC and L&A where they are also involved to determine lead and roles/responsibilities).
- Communicate status of negotiations with key stakeholders timely.
- Provide alliance management support for both new and legacy R&D agreements that do not otherwise garner "assigned" Alliance Management support.
- Work cooperatively as a team with Scientific Assessment, Ventures, Licensing & Acquisitions and Legal to effectively execute agreements in furtherance of R&D's strategies.
- Ensure compliance with Global Purchasing delegation, including signatory authority and its delegation, and ensure TLC compliance with all applicable Purchasing, OEC, R&D, Finance, Legal and Corporate policies.
- Promote AbbVie as a partner of choice in all external communications and dealings and work to build the AbbVie brand.
- 7+ years pharmaceutical industry experience. Some science required (BS, MS, PhD.). JD., MBA, LLP or equivalent licensing experience required.
- Expert knowledge of multidisciplinary operations.Proven track record of developing and implementing complex processes and high impact projects.Excellent cross-functional negotiating skills and multi-faceted operational skills.Ability to communicate/present key information to senior/executive management stakeholders.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.