Chief Scientific Officer
Inscopix is an innovative neurotechnology company commercializing a technology platform to drive a mechanistic understanding of the brain. Inscopix’s technology stack is in use at >500 sites across the world, primarily at academic institutions, and has generated >150 publications with most in Cell, Science, and Nature family of journals. Recently, thanks to increasingly translationally-relevant data from Inscopix’s users and inbound interest from Pharma / Biotech, Inscopix has built-out a small team and facilities to conduct translationally-relevant R&D and to collaborate with Pharma / Biotech on therapeutic development projects. We are seeking a Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) to take this build-out and effort to the next level. The CSO will define and execute on a vision to revolutionize the understanding and treatment of brain disease and mental illness. The CSO will be responsible for establishing the Company’s scientific research roadmap, and leveraging a team of talented scientists and current research activities, will build internal and external R&D programs to support translationally-relevant objectives. This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The CSO will be a key member of Inscopix’s Executive Team and a partner with the CEO and the founding team in executing on a broader vision focused on human impact.
- Strategize and identify key therapeutic areas with large unmet clinical needs that have the potential of being disrupted by Inscopix's platform.
- Develop collaborative relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in therapeutic areas of interest, with the objective of establishing foundational pre-clinical data sets providing new insights into disease biology and pathways for therapeutic intervention.
- Leverage external collaborator data sets, published customer data, and internal research programs, to establish circuit-based assays of target engagement and pharmacodynamics, and to validate disease biomarkers and circuit-based assays of efficacy.
- Lead development of disease model biomarker data and integrated workflows of preclinical assay
- Develop partnerships with Pharma/Biotech and Contract Research Organizations to establish Inscopix's platform and services as a cornerstone or next-generation of neurotherapeutic development.
- Engage with the FDA and relevant stakeholers to establish new pre-clinical efficacy endpoints.
- Explore partnerships with emerging neuro-device companies to provide a platform for enabling precision neuro-device development for re-tuning malfunctioning brain circuits.
- Guide continued development of Inscopix's leading edge neurotechnology platform to enable cutting edge basic and translationally-relevant Neuroscience research.
- Lead the Inscopix Scientific Advisory Board, conducting periodic SAB meetings.
- Represent Inscopix globally at scientific meetings and ad summits on brain health.
- Lead a team of talented scientists growing top talent and attracting top scientific talent to Inscopix.
- Highly accomplished scientific leader with a passion for research and a desire to make impact in the field of Neuroscience
- PhD (MD/PhD preferred), with 10+ years as academic faculty and/or Pharma/Biotech executive
- Circuits/systems Neuroscience training and / or a data-driven mindset
- Expertise in translational research, in areas such as neurodegeneration and psychiatry, and experience with pre-clinical drug development in these and/or other areas
- Strong publication track record
- Ability to mentor and grow scientific talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills