Sr Director, Search & Evaluation - Scientific Corporate Development
Sr Director, Search & Evaluation - Scientific Corporate Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions, cancer and inflammation, headquartered in Foster City, California.
The Search and Evaluation group in Corporate Development partners with colleagues in Corporate Development, Research, Development and Sr. Leadership to identify and assess external opportunities aligned with therapeutic area strategies and to enable the partnering process by guiding review and diligence efforts including defining gaps and points of potential differentiation. The role of Search and Evaluation is to positively engage with a breadth of biotech, pharmaceutical and academic institutions to advance Gilead's portfolio and enable the development of treatments for patients with for unmet medical need.
The open position will predominantly focus in the Inflammation and Fibrotic Disease Therapeutic Areas.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Proactively identify, engage, and screen external opportunities (programs, products, companies, new technologies) which fit the Therapeutic Area strategy and have the potential to meet company goals
- Work with competitive intelligence and TA clinical leads to understand the landscape of targets or approaches within Gilead's Therapeutic Area strategy and stay abreast of upcoming flexion points
- Oversee cross-functional diligence efforts on opportunities and assets to guide and define specific recommendations and scenarios
- Prepare and present consensus scientific assessments including key aspects of the opportunity, rationale, differentiation from landscape, strategic and portfolio fit for proposals to Therapeutic Area leadership and Senior Leadership
- Engage and perform diligence activities as a partner with Corporate Development lead and R&D functional leads: Summarize key scientific drivers for deal progression- fit with strategy, fit with portfolio, Summarize key scientific gaps and potential issues/risks, & Track progression of opportunity assessments within focus Therapeutic Area
- Partner and communicate with external experts and internal experts in Research, Development, and Competitive Intelligence to identify and review opportunities
- Be a collaborative team member in Corporate Development activities and in working teams supporting opportunity reviews
- Partner with Corporate Development Business leads to help define structure and terms for proposals
- The position will also offer the opportunity to engage in and learn the financial, business and contractual aspects of partnering and acquisitions
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelors with 14 yrs relevant experience, Masters Degree with 12 yrs relevant experience, or PhD/PharmD/DVM/MD or similar life sciences education with 12 yrs relevant experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Will consider candidates with scientific experience with a desire to learn corporate development.
- Must have an extensive understanding of scientific concepts and drug development processes and significant knowledge of biotech/pharma industry.
- Expertise in Inflammation/Immunology/Immuno-oncology is strongly preferred
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and effectively engage and communicate with senior leaders
- Strong commitment and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast pace organization.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills with ability to concisely and objectively present complex scientific information
- Capable of managing multiple priorities with limited oversight
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency