Scientist I, Tumor Immunology Clinical Pipeline
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient's individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world's premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist II in the Tumor Immunology clinical pipeline group. The person in this role will be responsible for performing immunological assays to functionally characterize the patient NeoE-specific T cells, as part of the product selection process prior to the manufacturing of PACT's adoptive cell therapy product (neoTCR-P1). This process is performed in a GMP-like laboratory setting. The candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment and will communicate results to and coordinate efforts with a larger cross-disciplinary team of immunologists, biologists, engineers, and bio-informaticians.
- Perform and thoroughly document ex vivo T cell functional assays according to established procedures.
- Aid in drafting new protocols, improving existing workflows, and provide data for regulatory filings to support clinical development.
- Analyze data and write reports to inform therapeutic candidate selection for our clinical patients
- Identify and implement process improvements focused on quality, turnaround time, and cost
- Implement and operate advanced liquid handling and robotic laboratory automation
- Become a process expert and mentor/train research associates in performing the workflows
- Partner with Research and Development teams to run research samples, custom workflows, and validation studies
- Ph.D. with 2 to 5 years of industry experience preferably in a production environment
- Highly proficient in state-of-the-art techniques for characterizing T cell phenotype and measuring T cell functionality (antigen-specific killing assays, cytokine production, proliferation).
- Experience with flow cytometry and primary human T cells is a must.
- Experience operating within a formal quality management system. cGMP or ISO 13485 production experience is a plus
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
- Demonstrated leadership skills and teamwork
- The candidate should be able to focus on deliverables and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize time-sensitive objectives.
- Experience working with laboratory automation and liquid handlers is a plus
- This position will require flexible work schedules.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.