Senior Research Associate – Process Development
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Research Associate in our Process Development department who will report to the Director, Manufacturing Development, and continue advancing PACT’s cutting edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
The person in this role will be responsible for performing experiments for continuous optimization of PACT’s cell manufacturing process. He/she will interact closely with scientists and other research associates to evaluate potential process improvements and transfer the technology from small scale research to large scale processes. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with primary human T cells. She/he will be actively performing experiments and should be highly proficient in state of the art techniques for cell culture. The candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- Perform small-scale and large-scale process development experiments using cell enrichment, cell engineering, cell expansion, formulation, and cryopreservation methods
- Perform cell characterization using flow cytometry and cell-based assays
- Evaluate new cell therapy technologies
- Analyze data and write reports
- Participate in technology transfers to the manufacturing team
- Assist in the administration of complex processes by creating systems for managing workflows, resources, and materials
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience, or hold a master’s degree with 3+ year of experience
- Must have experience in primary human cell culture techniques
- Experience with large/clinical scale instrumentation for cell therapy is preferred
- Experience with flow cytometry desired
- Must be well-organized, GMP or GMPI-like laboratory experience a plus
- Highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.