Stockroom Servicer, R&D
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Provide laboratory services and ensure requests for R&D supplies and materials are fulfilled as requested.
- Maintain clear focus on providing a one-stop-shop solution for consumable, noncapital materials and supplies to nearly 1,800 customers in Lake County; answer customer questions and resolve basic customer issues/complaints, take the initiative to follow up on more advanced issues with Stockroom Attendant or Group Leader; work with suppliers to expedite orders and resolve delivery issues; provide support services for daily operating needs of R&D laboratories
- Participate in responses to annual safety audit and complete assigned corrective actions per due dates; follow all departmental procedures, policies, and guidelines and communicate updates/modifications to supervisor; adhere to all Corporate and Division purchasing policies; monitor and complete safety training requirements per R&D EH&S due dates
- Transport materials safely per divisional procedures; understand shipping labels, material labels, and MSDS format & hazards listings and exhibit proficiency; address spills properly per divisional procedures; address safety incidents property per divisional procedures; perform safety inspections as assigned on a defined routine frequency
- Collaborate with other stockrooms through material transfers, best practices, etc; know all delivery routes and execute delivery efficiencies on a daily basis; exhibit stockroom inventory familiarity and demonstrate proficiency to supervisor, customers, and suppliers
- Coordinate dock loading/unloading activities; complete daily deliveries to assigned areas efficiently and support teammates in making timely deliveries to all customers; coordinate timely stocking/restocking of incoming/returned materials and adjust shelf space as needed; demonstrate basic knowledge of computer systems applications used by stockroom personnel (CHP, Action-ERM, LSI, Lab Services, SAP, Maximo, Shop-IT, etc.)
- Refill helium, nitrogen, acetone, alcohol, and other related items for participating laboratories on an as needed basis; pickup wastes (solvent/chemical/medical/etc.) for assigned areas per service schedule; bulk, segregate, decontaminate, and store wastes (solvent, chemical/medical/etc.) appropriately; provide timely sample, supply, and commodity delivery services per schedule or by special request; rack and deliver gas cylinders; track and bill service hours per Financial schedule
- High school diploma or GED
- Forklift/portable hand truck certification preferred
- Controlled Drug Agent (CDA) Certification: requires DEA background check. Respirator certification: requires successful completion of physical and training
- Significant Work Activities to include: Ability to drive trucks up to 10,000 Ibs. on public roads: requires passing Medical Surveillance and Motor Vehicle Record checks
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds on a consistent basis
- Experience with Laboratory Stockroom Inventory (LSI) management system and AbbVie's Chemical Tracking, Inventory and Ordering Network (ACTION-ERM) system a plus
- Experience with SAP (SRM & ECC) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently and function in a fast-paced, continually changing environment providing strong attention to detail
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.