Master Data Steward
PacBio has an exciting opportunity for a data and process centric individual to join the Commercial Operations organization as a Master Data Steward. This role will be responsible for supporting the design and execution of data hygiene initiatives to ensure critical Commercial data attributes are accurate, robust, and consistent across key Lead to Fulfillment operational workflows. The Master Data Steward will partner with stakeholders from around the organization to improve the current state of Commercial Data as well as implement infrastructure to ensure documented data quality standards are maintained. This role will be a champion of data integrity, highlighting the critical role it plays to facilitate an efficient and effective Commercial process. To be successful the Master Data Steward will need to drive sustainable improvements in our Master Data quality increasing the value of our Master Data as a strategic asset to support insight driven decisions.
- Ensure master data definitions, ownership and quality rules are established and clearly documented and maintained
- Review, validate and action requests for master data creation and changes from cross-functional partners
- Work with subject matter experts and process owners to generate Data Quality metrics to track performance and highlight inconsistencies/areas of focus
- Lead Master Data projects and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure master data milestone dates are met
- Perform data validation and related testing activities to support introduction and or modification of Commercial process
- Leads and advises on master data issues, identify corrective action items, continuous improvements of the process and provide inputs to developing Data Governance road maps and strategies
- Identify and resolve customer satisfaction and/or operational issues proactively by engaging across functions at varying levels to seek appropriate solutions
- Trigger escalations appropriately and seek approvals for non-standard business practices
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in mathematics, economics, computer science, finance, business, or other related fields.
- 1+ years of relevant transactional processing experience in CRM/ERP
- Exposure to Commercial business process
- Intermediate experience using Excel
- Critical focus on high Data Quality standards and monitoring
- Understand the interaction between data attributes and business processes
- Very strong attention to detail and commitment to deliver quality work in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work in team settings, and work independently when required
- Creative / Problem solving approach and comfortable being self-guided
- Possess an open, flexible, and positive can-do attitude with polished interpersonal skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is adept at developing relationships across functions
- Possess an innate ability to navigate through new web-based software applications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.