Director, Global Commercial Development - Rheumatology
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Global Commercial Development (GCD) organization leads the development of the strategic marketing direction of key assets in AbbVie's pipeline and the forward looking disease area strategies. We have an dynamic opportunity for a Director, Global Commercial Development - Rheumatology . The Director will report to the Rheumatology Global Commercial Development Lead and will be based in our offices in Lake County, IL.
- Develops the commercial strategies for pipeline molecules focusing on rheumatics diseases and collaborates with partners who cover gastroenterology and dermatology diseases. Sets forth future strategies to maximize the opportunity for pipeline molecules throughout the lifecycle.
- Works across indications to develop optionality for product presentation in collaboration with Value and Access Team and Asset Strategy Team.
- Leads analysis of the Rheumatology markets across indications, identifies key segment value drivers, growth opportunities, target product profiles, product positioning & revenue potential
- Drives development of early brand plans; crystalizing commercial and strategic insights by synthesizing product, brand, customer, consumer, and competitive information into the development of asset plans
- Initiates geostrategy and indication prioritization for pipeline molecules in partnership with development teams and areas / affiliates through Touch Point Process
- Drives prioritization of key leverage points in the treatment process and develops behavioral objectives for each stakeholder group.
- Supports development of scientific platform that drives data generation in order to satisfy global and area requirements for target product label and target product claims
- Learns new disease states quickly, ensuring focus on the patient as the North Star, and rapidly acquires HCP and Payer insights to inform unmet needs analysis and future market value drivers
- Identifies and solves for capability gaps in order to enable successful launch
- Is a conduit between development and commercial teams, fostering information flow that optimizes asset opportunity
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external partners, including Rheumatology External Experts, leverages expertise to strengthen the asset value proposition
- Leads internal processes accurately reflecting asset opportunity and required support (LRP, Annual Plan);
- Is the commercial voice at disease area teams, asset strategy teams, and asset development teams and with organizational leadership
- Leads global commercial team as Global Commercial Team Leader, effectively aligns areas and affiliates market needs with asset opportunity
- Pharma, biotech, or consultant firm experience is required
- 10+ years of experience with successful track record in pharma marketing
- Previous Commercial Development, Pipeline Management, Marketing and/or Consulting roles
- Advanced degree (MBA, Ph.D.)
- Experience in Rheumatology / Immunology
- Experience working with external experts
- Strong analytical and strategic marketing skills as well as demonstrated ability to learn new disease states
- Strong financial acumen with a good understanding of P&L drivers and the ability to develop appropriate SG&A investment and top-line sales forecasts that generate long-term value
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across a variety of organization levels and disciplines, including senior executives
- Experience with matrix-based teams and project management
- Excellent command of MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Self-starter, and proactively driving projects toward successful completion
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence', can change the course quickly where indicated, and demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively, possess high degree of planning, coordination, project management skills, with demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
- Raises the bar, is a resilient leader, and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement, and demonstrates the ability to lead through ambiguity.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Demonstrates the ability to make the complex easy for others to understand
- Exhibits strong emotional intelligence, diplomacy, maintenance of confidentiality, organizational savvy, and outstanding collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Embraces Abbvie and GCD culture of excellence
- Executes highly effective working meetings and is visibly inclusive and transparent in all work products
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.