Supervisor, Insurance Analyst
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Supervise and oversee insurance analysts responsible for verifying new patient insurance benefits and handling claim rejections. Work proactively with staff and cross-functional groups to develop creative solutions to challenging patient access issues regarding prior authorization, pharmacy coordination, and denied coverage requests to ensure patient care.
- Monitor work flow and adjust workload and staffing requirements to ensure that all activities are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor calls and perform case reviews to ensure accuracy of information, adherence to policies, and excellent customer service. Provide additional coaching and training to individuals as needed. Meet regularly with direct reports to provide direct feedback on their performance and progress against goals. Responsible for writing and communicating performance reviews.
- Perform administrative tasks such as work hour scheduling, attendance monitoring and counseling, vacation request scheduling, and overtime scheduling. Participate in the hiring process and handle all employee issues for their direct reports.
- Use effective coaching and management techniques to maintain a highly motivated and interactive work staff.
- Meet or exceed department standards relative to performance metrics. Take responsibility and accountability for the day-to-day execution of tasks and is responsible for providing periodic progress reports on goals and metrics. Provide activity metrics, status updates, and local payor intelligence information to management per established guidelines. Elevate issues as appropriate.
- Consistently build and maintain collaborative relationships cross-functionally to ensure a seamless customer experience for patients and physicians.
- Identify process improvements to increase operational efficiencies and develop action plan for execution. Assist with the implementation of new projects and products within the Pharmacy.
- Understand and comply with all required training, including adherence to federal, state, and local pharmacy laws, HIPAA policies and guidelines, and the policies and procedures of Pharmacy Solutions and AbbVie.
- Perform additional tasks, activities, and projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate Degree in health sciences or business preferred. Comparable or relevant experience will be considered.
- Meet Pharmacy Technician licensure and certification requirements by start date in accordance with the Illinois Pharmacy Practice Act.
- 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare industry with knowledge in reimbursement, billing, prior authorization, appeals, and specialty pharmacy operations
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in a call center, large physician, managed care, or healthcare insurance setting desired
- Demonstrated strong, accurate technical skills. Must be detail oriented. Must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of commercial and government pharmacy and medical insurance programs, billing, alternate funding resources, reimbursement processes, prior authorization and appeal filings, and specialty pharmacy operations.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills. Demonstrated ability to lead and participate within a team, manage multiple priorities and meet associated timelines while maintaining accuracy.
- Must have professional written and verbal communication skills to interact with and build and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization. Must maintain a positive service image at all times even when dealing with challenging issues and unsatisfied customers.
- Proven organizational, time management, and problem solving skills, elevating to management when appropriate.
- Skilled with the use of the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to use and effectively learn and navigate other computer systems.
- Knowledgeable in applicable regulations and standards affecting pharmaceutical products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP).
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.