Engineering Technician III
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Job Description: Engineering Technician III
Coordinates with Engineering and Operations to build, test, and document electromechanical medical devices and manufacturing test fixtures and proactively maintains production equipment to keep it running smoothly. Assist other Engineering Technicians to perform the necessary job functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Work with Development and Operations Engineering to bring new products from prototype into volume production.
- Build, test, and document manufacturing and test fixtures. Also contribute to the design of manufacturing and test fixtures.
- Work with R&D and Operations Engineering to write and/or modify work instructions for manufacturing test and assembly processes for NPIs and product improvements
- Perform testing to protocols, recording equipment used and results achieved in verification test reports.
- Devise, document, and maintain calibration and preventive maintenance processes for manufacturing and test fixtures in (RAM) Regulatory Asset Manager software database.
- Troubleshoot electromechanical devices and determine root causes. Write investigation reports and rework instructions.
- Set-up and perform ad-hoc engineering tests under the guidance of Operations Engineering.
- Suggest ways to improve line efficiency and reduce cost, and assist in bringing other suggested improvements to the line.
- Assist with training of new employees.
- Must be available to work overtime as requested. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to our business such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- AA Electronics or Mechanical Technician Degree or equivalent education or experience.
- Experience using electrical test equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, hand tools and soldering.
- At least three years experience working as a technician on the production line or in an R&D lab.
- Ability to read schematics and engineering drawings is highly desired.
- Good communications skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office software including MS Word and Excel.
- Experience working in a medical device R&D, NPI, or manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA's Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings .
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
Allergan is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.