Scientist, Antibody Discovery - Immunotherapy Research
- Progressive cell therapy startup seeking a motivated and collaborative PhD to become a key strategic voice within the R&D group.
- Will contribute towards generating novel CAR T binders for diverse targets by implementing advanced antibody discovery approaches such as novel immunization, selection, and single B cell cloning.
- Will implement screening processes for CAR binder lead identification for both validation and therapeutic targets for diverse therapeutic indications.
- Will bring creativity, independence, and collaboration skills and advanced DOE and lab skills in primary cell culture, hybridoma, cytokine analysis, and cytotoxicity assays to develop more potent platform-cell therapies.
- Will join a progressive startup that offers a unique mix of seasoned and supportive leadership, cutting-edge science, exceptional internal-talent, and a collaborative work culture, all of which combine to provide fertile ground for professional growth.
- PhD in immunology or related discipline with 0 to 3 years of relevant academic, post doc, or experience or an MS or BS or skilled Antibody Engineer or Protein Engineer with several years of equivalent experience..
- Lab techniques of interest include innovative use of some (but not all) of the following:
- antibody discovery approaches in immunization, selection, and single B cell cloning; working with primary cell culture, hybridoma, and cytokine analysis and cytotoxicity assays.
- data analysis using tools such as Prism, Excel, FlowJo, etc.
- use of screening processes for CAR binder lead identification applied to either or both validation and therapeutic targets.
- Additional skills of interest would be use of some but not all of the following:
- antibody structure function and engineering for further optimization of properties for lead selection;
- low-based cell screening assays for cell surface binding & activation for binder hit selection;
- experience with Berkeley Lights Beacon to support identifying binder-properties of interest through single B cell cloning; or
- immunology research applied to cell-therapy T cell or NK cell biology.
- Demonstrated creativity & initiative relevant to proposing new approaches and analyses to generate more potent platform-cell products.
- Creativity, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the initiative to provide a strategic voice in experimental approaches would all be welcome within this highly-collaborative and multi-disciplined research team.
- Desire to contribute and to build technical and leadership skills in a dynamic, productive, and uniquely collaborative team-focused environment
- How to Apply: Please send your CV a) by using the BioSpace link below or b) by emailing your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org using job code AD-R&D on your email subject line.