Senior Software Engineer
About Protocol First
Protocol First leverages novel technologies to create break-through efficiencies to support clinical trials. Protocol First (P1) is a next-gen EDC Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), purpose-built to handle complex oncology trials. P1 is a site-friendly EHR-EDC-SDTM platform. Clinical Pipe (CP) is a sister stand-alone EHR-to-EDC app. Whereas P1 is built to be an integrated EDC platform, CP is a powerful productivity tool to collect EHR data with the click of a button.
Protocol First is looking for a Software Engineer with extensive experience in Rave and/or other EDC platforms. The software engineer we are looking for is well rounded and familiar with major development languages, tools, and methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions, including databases, key-value stores, blob stores
- Configure advanced encryption features to ensure confidentiality
Qualifications / Familiarity and experience with the our technologies:
- Cloud Providers: AWS and Azure
- Database: SQL and NoSQL
- Server: Node.js (Server and Serverless deployments)
- Testing frameworks: Cucumber, Mocha, Chai
- 5 or more years of experience in a technical role; preferably within the clinical research and development industry.
- Extensive hands-on operational experience and system knowledge of Medidata Rave and/or other Medidata products such as i-Medidata, Cloud Administration, Safety Gateway, Batch Uploader, Coder, etc
- Work experience integrating other clinical technologies including but not limited to IRT, CTMS, ePRO or other related technology in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other relevant disciplines, or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in Good Clinical Practices, and Global Regulatory regulations as necessary
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as CDISC, SDTM, CDASH, HL7 FHIR and other standards initiatives desirable
- Self-starter on new and existing technologies
- Able to develop for security, scalability, and quality