IT Security Manager, Application Security IAM
IT Security Manager, Application Security IAM
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology
The IT Security Manager - Application Security IAM is a key member of the Information Security and Compliance team and works closely with cross functional IT and business led IT teams to ensure that all applications and systems are built, maintained and protected in accordance with identity and access governance process, policies, standards, and compliance requirements so that the risk is managed appropriately. The candidate will assist with developing, implementing, and managing the desired end state of the Information Security and Privacy programs within Identity and Access management and Application Security landscape.
As part of the Security Operations team, the Sr. IT Security Manage r will manage and provide end-to-end daily operation support and participate in projects for all Identity and Access Management and Application Security solutions. Daily operation and project responsibilities will include working with system owners across the organization to onboard/integrate security services onto their system landscape.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages IT security systems and operation services
- Manages and lead large IT projects that entail large risk and widespread implications to the business.
- Manages vendors and/or their resources to effectively and efficiently deliver security operation and project activities.
- Understanding of Account and Identity Lifecycle Management to support the Onboarding and Offboarding process.
- Support of Privileged Access systems and management.
- Support Single Sign-On and multi-factor authentication processes, and partner with other IT functions to support and enforce security policy and standard.
- Assess alerts, research patch activity, and recommend appropriate remediation for patching Windows / Linux / Oracle / SAP/ security Applications.
- Manages an area of the IT Security Program that impacts multiple departments internal and external to IT, sets goals and objectives, tracks and communicates status, acts as spokesperson to business partners and colleagues on program subject area.
- Identifies security processes and standards across IT that would benefit from improvement.
- Proposes new standards, tools, policies and procedures to improve security, compliance and risk management activities in Gilead.
- Benchmarks innovative solutions as a method of monitoring progression to ensure value is being created and is consistent with organizational goals, objectives and standards.
- Works with IT, Quality Assurance, and business colleagues to ensure audit readiness, and to prepare for internal and external audits.
- Assesses and manages compliance risks across the organization, escalating to senior management as necessary.
High School Degree and Eleven Year's Experience OR Associate's Degree and Nine Year's Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Seven Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Five Years' Experience
- High level understanding of Identity Management platforms and Privileged Identity Management
- Development skills with Beanshell, C#, SQL, Powershell, and/or other development/scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge of IT services and IT infrastructure (including desktop, server, application, database, and network principles).
- Strong knowledge of IAM technologies
- Preferred high-level knowledge of Oracle EBS and SAP and their security models
- IT Security Certification (e.g., CISSP Preferred)
- Recognized as a key resource in managing, design and execution of security systems, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the security principles, mechanisms, and technical architectures.
- Possesses deep and broad compliance and regulatory expertise that can be applied across multiple businesses units and geographies.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of health authority regulation (e.g., GxP, 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11) and their requirements to IT Security Management procedures and technology.
- Understands future trends in regulatory compliance and disseminates them throughout the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple areas of IT infrastructure and security.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong team and vendor management skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional project management and organizational skills in a matrix distributed organization working closely with cross-functional groups.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency