Sr. Research Associate II
This Sr. Research Associate II will be responsible for DNA plasmid design, synthesis and testing in cell-based assays. We need a highly motivated individual with molecular biology and gene expression experience for development of cell-based assays, from cloning to testing, that will contribute to the identification of potential therapeutics.
· Responsible for the design of novel DNA constructs and cloning strategies.
· Test constructs in cell-based assays.
· Perform extraction of DNA, RNA, and proteins followed by testing using PCR, qRT-PCR, Immunofluorescence, in situ hybridization, Western blotting, ELISA, and related molecular biology techniques.
· Examine data and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis, ensuring experiments are well documented.
· Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature as advised by supervisor.
· Work in a team environment, collaborating with various colleagues across multiple departments.
· Help to maintain laboratory, order common supplies, and contribute to plasmid production for collaborating groups.
· Perform additional activities as needed.
· BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related field,
· 5 - 8 years experience using molecular and cell biology techniques.
· Knowledge and experience with: molecular cloning and DNA plasmid design; mammalian tissue culture and cell based assays; nucleic acid isolation, PCR, qPCR and detection techniques is required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization which requires flexibility, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods.
· Experience or willingness to work with culturing, differentiating and/or reprogramming primary patient fibroblasts and animal-derived tissues (e.g., RNA extraction).
· Experience with automated liquid handlers.
· Experience with flow cytometry.
· Familiarity with genome browsers and other sequencing manipulation software tools.