Women's Health Specialty Representative- Austin, TX
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. in order to meet or exceed on those objectives.
- Create pre-call plan using SMART objectives and execute post-call evaluation in order to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings, concerns and consistently gain logical and reasonable calls to action in order to close on every sales call.
- Proactively and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, customer expectations and challenges in order to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve win-win agreements between AbbVie and customers.
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers in order to maximize access and sales opportunities.
- Continuously build understanding on customer needs and expectations, territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, disease, product, clinical and sales expertise and share this market intelligence information with in-field team, brand team and sales manager to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental changes and challenges and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie's value proposition with health providers assigned and identify, develop and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates in order to maximize brand performance.
- Bachelor's degree, biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent.
- Proven track record of success in selling and solid presentation skills. Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitive knowledge and is recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities. Proactively identifies customer style / behavior and adapts quickly all aspects of selling approach.
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment. Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges. Provides impact with ideas for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes.
- Influences others & is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers. Builds collaborative partnership with district colleagues and matrix team, etc. Leads by example; Consistently displays positive behaviors and peer coaching through changing and challenging environments. Documented success in leadership and support role of increased responsibility at the district, region and/or organizational levels.
- Understands and leverages findings to develop sales strategies.
- Consistently exemplifies ability to sustain elevated expectations
- Takes ownership by resolving problems and thinks of implication on the larger organization.
- Assists team in identifying internal and external information resources and learning opportunities
- Preferred: Proven track record of success in sales performance within respective therapeutic areas. Commercial pharmaceutical industry experiences such as physician/account based selling, training, managed health care or marketing preferred. English language proficiency verbally and in writing (for all non-English speaking countries).
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.