2021 Experiential Internship Summer Researcher
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Artificial intelligence-based approaches using descriptors obtained from first-principles calculations have found tremendous application in developing process optimization tools across drug-development pipeline. We wish to leverage the data from high-throughput and medium-throughput experimentations along with quantum calculations to develop in-silico tools to generate actionable intelligence as well as predictive capabilities towards design of future experiments and processes.
- Candidate must have an excellent track record at conducting and analyzing research findings and have an open-minded outlook towards new learnings.
- Candidate must have the ability to thrive in a high-performance culture with excellent time management, decision-making, and organizational skills to make meaningful progress remotely.
- Have experience with Python and similar coding/scripting and working with the HPC resources.
- Have experience in modelling structured and unstructured data using AI based techniques such as machine learning and computer vision.
- Minimum GPA = 3.0/4.0
- Returning to university for at least one semester and graduating within one-year post internship
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a PhD with a major in Chemical/Computer Science/Material Science Engineering or other related field/major
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e., extracurricular activities or projects)
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written technical communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT may be accommodated)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.