Director, Business Development
Pipeline Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of first-in-class small molecules for neuroregeneration, including synaptogenesis, remyelination and axonal repair. The company's lead clinical program, PIPE-505, is currently enrolling patients in a phase 1/2a study to treat sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) associated with speech-in-noise disability. The company has recently initiated a Phase 1 healthy volunteer study for its second clinical program, PIPE-307, targeting multiple sclerosis. Pipeline also has a portfolio of additional pre-clinical programs addressing a range of neurological disorders and conditions.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for oversight and leadership of all business development functions including the search and evaluation of new partnerships and the execution of in-licensing and out-licensing deals. The candidate will also lead or provide support to a variety of roles including alliance management, competitive intelligence, and financial modeling. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Lead sourcing, evaluation and negotiation of strategic collaboration, in- and out-licensing, and acquisition opportunities with leading biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies.
- Outline and maintain detailed project plans for partnering opportunities, including deliverables and timelines.
- Develop and execute short- and long-range business development strategies that are aligned with the of Pipeline's corporate strategy.
- Organize and manage partnering opportunity assessments and due diligence activities.
- Effectively interface with key internal stakeholders, including R&D, finance, legal, and regulatory.
- Create and maintain forecast and NPV models in support of proposed transactions.
- Attend partnering meetings, scientific/clinical conferences as a representative of the company.
- Some travel required, including international.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA and/or Ph.D. preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of business development experience and 10 years of drug discovery and/or development experience are required.
- Significant track record of leading and negotiating transactions in biotech and/or pharma.
- Experience leading cross-functional business development diligence and deal teams.
- History of building close relationships with various internal and external scientific and business teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and strategic capabilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to show initiative to drive and make independent business decisions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, high-growth and rapidly changing environment.