Director, Business Development - Clinical Trials
Effectus is a leading company specializing in patient recruitment and retention services for clinical trials. Our unique business model, which leverages the power of physician-patient relationship to deliver pre-screened patients to clinical trial sites, is recognized by our clients as innovative, and groundbreaking.
We currently have an opening for a seasoned business development executive to lead our company’s growth and expansion of patient recruitment services. As Director, Business Development, the ideal candidate will report directly to the COO and be a member of our senior management team. Primary responsibilities will include development and implementation of new business development and sales strategies including participation in ongoing programs. A solid track record of successful business development in clinical trials / clinical operations and excellent skills at identifying and securing potential clients are a must. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Analyze potential opportunities, develop customized sales plans for clients and monitor actions and results
- Proactively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified customer account(s)
- Maintain HIGH visibility and customer satisfaction with all clients
- Cultivate long-term relationships with key decision-makers and develop in-depth knowledge of client organizations
- Maintain expert knowledge of therapeutic areas, related products and services for appropriate opportunities
- Participate in development of proposals
- Prepare and lead sales presentations
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing
- Handle follow-up and drive completion of the contract
- Prepare productivity report for Team Leaders as required
- Access current contacts within pharma as part of the Effectus outreach plan
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of related sales experience, proven ability to develop strategic sales strategies for current and new accounts
- Must be able to drive significant business growth for new and existing clients
- Ability to provide customized solutions to clients, tailored to their needs, with ability to lead a winning bid defense
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills. Managed care, PBM, pharmaceutical, or related experience is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of CRO/Pharmaceutical and/or sales field obtained through advanced education and experience
- Have a superior sales record, ability to prove that record, with ability to sell based on value offering not purely on cost
- Ability to engage, and have credit with “top 20 Pharma” along with biopharma and startups
- Proven track record securing leads and contacts within the industry
- Full understanding of industry trends and impact on the business
- Experience with clinical trials a MUST
- Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting client data
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office including MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Highly competitive, driven, team player, adaptable, ability to influence and negotiate, enthusiastic and credible
Effectus offers a very competitive compensation program along with the opportunity to thrive in a growing and dynamic environment. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity and looking to be part of a multi-talented team of professionals.