IT Support Technician
The Client Services department at Pacific Biosciences seeks a knowledgeable and energetic technician to join our team. Technical competency is key, as is a sense of urgency and a passion for helping others succeed. Our newest team member will have exemplary customer service skills and a high level of competency with Windows and Mac systems. Audio Visual support experience is also required. The IT Support Technician will support all users to effectively use personal computer equipment and software for high productivity.
Our team members pride themselves on providing white glove service to the entire user population, whether locally or remotely situated. We consider ourselves to be partners to the business units within the company and, as such, work directly with each member to assure that their technology stack enables them to thrive and be as productive as possible.
Are you the go-to technology consultant to all your friends and family? Do you have professional experience in a support organization? Do you live and breathe IT? If yes, kindly submit your resume for consideration.
- Provide timely first-level support for all end-users, both local and remote.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and voice/data communication systems issues.
- Support Microsoft Office, Office 365, 3rd party and custom software applications.
- Support various Mac native and 3rd party applications.
- Configure, deploy and support laptop, workstation and lab systems.
- Manage and support mobility devices, including monitoring usage, device purchases and refreshes.
- Monitor security applications and usage.
- Resolve or re-assign helpdesk requests through the ticketing system in a timely manner.
- Escalate calls/tickets per company processes when necessary.
- Create and modify concise, accurate and informative documentation to simplify processes for end users.
- Follow all operational standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service while displaying a sense of urgency in the resolution of issues.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a technology discipline or 4+ years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Office 2007 through 2016 and Office 365 administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple hardware and software.
- Experience with multi-vendor hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Excellent people and team skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and share knowledge.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and research capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure.
- Ability to handle occasional rotating on-call support on weekends and evenings.
- Experience supporting Audio/Visual equipment and Video Conferencing required.
- Relevant prior customer service, call center, or help desk experience is a plus.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft Certifications a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.