Project & Portfolio Associate Manager
Combining scientific and/or technical knowledge with strong program management skills the PPM Data Steward - Associate Manager will play a key role in building our discovery project and portfolio management (PPM) solution providing scientific data stewardship and governance. This position is a key partner for Senior Scientific Leadership, Research Program Management, Discovery Scientists, and Operational Managers, assuming overall responsibility for the quality, completeness, and security of the PPM data assets and ensuring business users have easy access to high-quality data.
In this role, a typical day might include:
Project, Program, Portfolio Management
- Executes responsibilities independently - with awareness of internal/external interdependencies
- Operational management of governance, decision processes, and change control processes.
Discovery and Drug Development
- Identifies and understands key discovery project/program data needed to drive decision making; developing a scalable data management process to support the governance thereof
- Responsible for discovery data quality control (define metrics, data validation, monitoring)
- Identifies, investigates, and proposes remediation actions for data quality issues
- Defines and maintains data dictionary (terminology, valid data, and values (metadata))
Process Management and Improvement
- Subject matter specialist in discovery and governance processes
- Owns the development of, and gains alignment on, new process or process improvement solutions
System and Tools Management
- Subject matter and technical expertise in PPM systems and tools, providing guidance and training to others
- Manages the PPM system, flagging improvement opportunities
- Supports enterprise dashboarding, reporting, and metric generation efforts
- Develops and owns governance monitoring analytics
This role may be for you if you:
- Are a strategic thinker around key scientific and operational data assets, governance processes and norms.
- Excel in team building, and communication; enabling effective analysis and reporting.
- Have a combination of information systems know-how and scientific acumen, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adeptly shift between diverse priorities.
- Have excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
To be considered for this role, you must have a PhD in a related field with 2+ years (or BS/MS with 7+ years) meaningful work experience. We are looking for an individual with experience in data governance and/or stewardship, who has a broad scientific, technical, and industry drug development knowledge. Successful candidates should be well-practiced in project management techniques and processes. Encouraging strong working relationships with key stakeholders on project and/or program teams and across departments is a key responsibility. We need someone with a demonstrated ability to understand and independently act upon information or issues that have potential down-stream impact on other functions and teams. Candidates should be able to balances multiple projects and priorities with outstanding organizational and time management skills (both project and self.) Proficient in relevant software: Project management software, BI tools (preferred, examples including TIBCO Spotfire, Qlik View), Excel, PowerPoint, Word, et A cover letter detailing your interest in this role is highly encouraged.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.