2021 Experiential Internship - Statistical Summer Intern
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer. More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Value to the Intern:
Provide job shadowing experience for college statistics student:
Value to Pharmacyclics and Abbvie:
- Experience in R and SAS programming and use of CRAN or Bioconductor libraries.
- Develop data and analysis apps and web services using R and Shiny.
- Experience with Shiny, ggplot2, tidyverse and R Markdown packages is a plus.
- Help review and summarize statistical and medical journals
- Assist in data output QC and checks
- Assist in organizing statistical reference files and statistical library
- Analysis of Big Data
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing Bachelor's degree with a major in Data Analytics, Statistics or other related field
- Complete at least one year of university studies prior to internship start date
- Be an active student in good standing at a US accredited university
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Master's or PhD degree
- Has knowledge in statistical software packages (i.e. SAS, R), or experience with a programming language C++/ Java/ Python /C# or similar. Knowledge of analysis of big data will be an advantage.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.