Intern- MBA- Corporate Development
Intern- MBA- Corporate Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Gilead Sciences CFO MBA Internship Program is for first year MBA candidates seeking entry into biotech by providing an opportunity within the CFO organization at Gilead Sciences. The CFO organization at Gilead is expansive and includes a variety of groups and departments: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), IT, Tax, Treasury, Controllership, Operations, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, Corporate Development and Strategy. The CFO organization supports every area of the company by providing financial analytics, operational expertise (i.e. procurement, project management), fiscal planning, budget forecasting, strategy development and deal execution (i.e. joint venture, partnership, acquisition) as well as managing financial reporting and engagements with external audiences. Program participants will have the opportunity to gain valuable cross-functional experiences with exposure to senior leaders, challenging high impact initiatives, and diverse networking opportunities.
Upon hiring, participants will spend 10-12 weeks working with a single group within the CFO organization at Gilead. The assignment is designed to be an opportunity to learn more about a specific financial, operational, IT and/or strategic area of the company. After completion of the internship, program participants will be evaluated for a full-time offer in the CFO MBA Leadership Program.
Duties, roles and responsibilities will vary based on the interest and capability of the participant as well as business needs. The duties include but are not limited to:
Corporate Development & Strategy
- Potential investment, drug licensing, partnerships, acquisition projects as well as coordination of technical diligence efforts for opportunities of interest
- Creation of business case presentations for senior leadership
- Direct and support corporate strategy projects focused on our strategic ambitions and priorities
Product / Service:
- Understand how Gilead advances patient care through research and development
- Learn how Gilead provides physicians with resources to better care for their patients
- Gain exposure into how Gilead Commercial Operations reaches our patients
- Gain an understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
- Work in a corporate finance, planning, and strategy environment.
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology.
- Practice team-based work competencies.
- Develop effective communication skills with executives, business contacts, and external clients.
Candidate / Student Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA candidate at a top tier program
- 4 - 5 years of prior experience - finance, accounting, banking, operations, healthcare and strategy experience a plus
- B.A or B.S degree in accounting, finance or a related filed (preferred - not required)
- CPA, CFA, PMP or other relevant professional certification is a plus
- Energetic, organized and detailed skilled with today's technology systems, applications and platforms
- Strong forecasting and financial modeling capability a plus
- Education and training in biological sciences is a plus
- Ability to dedicate 40 hours per week to the program
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work thrive in a team-based environment
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Independent worker and self-starter that enjoys problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (e.g. presenting, meeting or workshop facilitation)
- Ability to manage various tasks, priorities and timelines and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Opportunity to start a career in the biotechnology industry and gain a full understanding of the day-to-day operations of a biotechnology organization
- Participants will gain knowledge through rotations and placement experiences necessary to determine the direction of their career at Gilead in the CFO organization
- You will have the opportunity to interact with senior leaders as you gain cross-functional experience by interfacing with multiple business units.
- You will develop skills vitally important in today's business environment including
team-based interaction, influencing without authority and the capability to aid in the definition and direction of the firm's initiatives and long-term strategy
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
Gilead Leadership Commitments:
- I am BOLD in aspiration and agile in execution
- I CARE and make time for people
- I LISTEN, speak openly, and explain the "why"
- I TRUST others and myself to make sound decisions
- I OWN the impact of my words and actions
- This role is based in the Gilead Sciences headquarters (Foster City, California)
Visit us online: www.Gilead.com
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency