Associate Director, Patient Support & Access - Atogepant
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Lead overall development of Market Shaping and Advocacy strategic initiatives that will ensure payers, providers and patients have and provide access to Atogepant, an important product in the AbbVie migraine portfolio preparing for launch. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, education for the Payer, HCP and Patient stakeholders on the unmet needs and treatment gaps that exist in the preventive treatment of migraine and the value that Atogepant bring clinically and economically.
- Identify and crystalize strategic insights through deep understanding and analysis of market landscape, payer, HCP and patient unmet needs, migraine patient journey, HCP treatment algorithm, competitive dynamics and positioning, while focusing on unbranded and branded communications strategies that will drive significant adoption and differentiation for payers, HCPs and patients in the migraine preventive treatment market.
- Lead key brand prioritizations and strategic decisions as part of an Integrated Brand Team (IBT) while striving to achieve internal processes that accurately reflect brand opportunity and providing the necessary analysis and support for business needs, e.g. Launch Readiness; Strategic Brand Plan; Long Range Plan; Lifecycle Management
- Function as the Market Shaping and Advocacy-focused commercialization lead throughout market research and analytics planning, patient and HCP advisory boards, targeting and interactions with the Market Access Team and Patient Advocacy Organizations, sales force strategic planning, training and execution planning for campaigns will shape the market for the Atogepant launch and over the long term in migraine.
- Develop compelling presentations to convey strategies to broad sets of stakeholder audiences, including senior executives, cross-functional leadership teams, and cross-functional partners for understanding and support of brand plans.
- Offer leadership, mentorship and guidance to brand team members throughout commercialization and launch process, instilling excitement and motivation for development of high performing teams.
- Act as key contributor and presenter for internal brand strategic planning, market access goals and strategic imperatives, portfolio strategy development and plan of action (POA) meetings, including meeting preparation, agendas, and story line for most effective communications and training.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with a successful track record in pharmaceutical marketing - strong analytical and strategic marketing skills •
- Previous experience in Strategic Brand Development, In-line Marketing, marketing consulting roles, and/or consumer healthcare focused advertising and promotion role
- Experience in strategic positioning of products for success within competitive environments
- Scientific acumen & therapeutic understanding, with the ability to analyze complex datasets
- Strong financial acumen with a good understanding of P&L drivers and the ability to develop appropriate investment & sales forecasts
- Deep understanding and experience of US market access environments
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.