Intern- Device Engineer
Intern- Device Engineer
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Qualified candidates will focus on the development of drug delivery devices such as pre-filled syringes and auto-injectors. We are seeking a motivated, detail oriented individual with excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Support and directly perform design, testing, and optimization related to drug delivery device development.
- Conduct compatibility studies with drug delivery devices and other container closure systems.
- Support the technology transfer of combination product manufacturing processes to clinical and commercial manufacturing sites and assist in quality investigations.
- Author design control documentation in support of regulatory filings and compliance.
- Effectively communicate ideas, project goals, and results to team members across cross- functional roles/departments.
- Participate in new formulation evaluation and optimization as related to combination drug-device products (pre-filled syringes, auto-injecting systems, etc.). Oversee experimentation conducted at contract sites as well as procure in-house equipment as needed to manage project-related development activities.
- Qualified candidates should be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant regulations, passionate about scientific inquiry and investigation, proactive in identifying and addressing potential challenges, and collaborative in driving solutions.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related scientific field
- B.S. candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience; M.S. candidates may have limited relevant industry experience.
- Experience with drug delivery devices and medical device design control requirements and practices is desirable
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Well-developed computer skills and strong organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to write clear, concise, and error-free documents.
- Must be able to exercise judgment within well-defined and established procedures and policies in order to determine and take appropriate action.
- Experience working with contract manufacturing organizations is desirable.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency