Kezar Life Sciences, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical, is looking for a FP&A Analyst. Kezar is focused on small molecule drug discovery and development to target autoimmune/ inflammatory disorders and oncology based on the biology of protein homeostasis. Our lead compound, KZR-616, a selective inhibitor of the immunoproteasome, is being evaluated in Phase 2 clinical trials for the treatment of severe autoimmune diseases. KZR-261, Kezar’s first oncology candidate targeting the protein secretion pathway via the Sec61 translocon, is entering Phase 1 clinical trials in several oncology indications.
This position will be a key part of the Finance Team. The Financial Analyst will partner with functional leaders to prepare budgets, forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting, and provide ad hoc analysis for decision making support. They will be expected to have in-depth knowledge of the R&D and G&A functions in order to provide accurate forecasts and review underlying assumptions. They should have a strong analytical background with strict attention to detail. The candidate should be a highly motivated individual with a “no job too big, no job too small” attitude.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of actuals to forecast and budget, explain and investigate any major discrepancies, and understand key business drivers
- Participate in monthly close process (critical accruals, reviews, journal entries) and review meetings with business partners
- Support functional teams in the annual operating budget and forecast processes
- Business partnership and collaboration: The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and non-Finance business partners. The candidate should be a proactive leader exhibiting influencing capabilities with business partners and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
- Research and respond timely and accurately to business partner inquiries
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or related field
- 3 years of experience in a Life Sciences Finance or Accounting role
- Strong Excel skills (PivotTables, Reference functions, macros a plus)
- Ability to manage deadlines from multiple project streams
- Detail oriented with attention to process and documentation
- Ability to translate GAAP terms to non-accounting partners
- Strong written communications skills
- Experience with ERP and Planning software desired