GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Accessioning Supervisor is responsible for the general supervision of Accessioning Clinical Laboratory personnel and the daily operations of the Pre-Analytical Laboratory. The nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask and be flexible with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Provide day-to-day supervision of laboratory personnel and participate in daily Accessioning work as needed.
• Be responsible for the daily pre-analytical operations of the laboratory including but not limited to scheduling, independently troubleshooting and resolving technical and non-technical high complexity problems.
• Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect test performance.
• Perform administrative duties including but not limited to writing employee performance evaluations and reviewing SOPs, protocols, QC forms, and equipment maintenance forms.
• Coach and mentor Laboratory Associates including but not limited to providing guidance and constructive feedback and assisting with the development of troubleshooting and judgment.
• Collaborate with the product development and software engineering teams to enhance the LIMS capabilities for accuracy and scale.
• Streamline existing workflows and laboratory space to enable high-throughput processes and high accessioning volume.
• Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures, as needed. Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment, as needed. Oversee the training of new laboratory personnel and training of new procedures with existing personnel. Participate in quality assurance activities.
• Effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution.
• Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Bachelor of Science, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
• At least three years of CAP/CLIA certified Laboratory Supervisory experience or equivalent
• Exceptional understanding of CAP, CLIA and NYSDOH regulations
• Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
• Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
• Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
• Ability to work as part of a team
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
• Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
• May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
• Work on nights, weekends, and holidays is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.