GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
Grail is looking for a DevOps engineer to manage and improve the infrastructure that software engineers rely on across all stages of our product development cycle. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross functional teams including Software Engineering, IT, Clinical and Lab Operations, and Data Science to improve software development productivity and safety with new tools, automation systems, and security strategies. You will be in a position to empower the engineering team with the platforms they need as we work towards detecting cancer!
• Manage Grail's computing infrastructure and streamline the team's ability to get stuff done.
• Streamline the development and deployment process and scale it for future software launches.
• Build tools and scripts in go, bash, python or other languages.
• Provide input on architectural design and support a growing team of 70+ software and bioinformatics engineers.
• Be responsible for managing computational tools and permissions.
• Be an active contributor in our release engineering setup.
• Become an expert in managing our technical stack including: Phabricator, Bazel, AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, GCE, Github.
Your Background Should Include:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, electrical engineering or another technical field.
• 5+ years of DevOps, SRE or system administration experience.
• Demonstrated background in managing the build environment for a fast growing software engineering team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.