Executive Director, Global Medical Brand Lead
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The Executive Director, Global Medical Brand Lead (GMBL), is a Global Subject Matter Expert who owns the responsibility of this critical asset from the Medical Affairs side, working cross functionally to ensure strategic alignment, Global Medical Brand Plan creation and implementation.
- Ensures the creation of a consolidated Global Medical Affairs strategy and Plan based on cross functional alignment and an Integrated Plan.
- Supports regions/countries to ensure the implementation and execution of the agreed upon strategy and tactics
- Ensures accurate, robust, and appropriate and aligned medical/scientific exchange based on knowledge and clinical expertise with regional/country stakeholders and partner with internal stakeholders in driving success.
- Works closely with the Commercial Global Brand Lead, Market Access, RWE, R&D and other critical stakeholders.
- Oversees the strategic plan and implementation of data generation activities, publications, and presentations (whether targeted to specific individuals, institutions, or at congresses) to (1.) ensure the proper capture, interpretation, and analysis of external insights, and (2.) address any scientific decision support needs from inquiries coming into NGTx.
- Builds the Global Medical Affairs Plan & Strategy based on insight from internal and external stakeholders and in alignment with the company priorities.
- Works closely with GBL marketing, HEOR, RWE and other commercial stakeholders to create an aligned strategy and plan of action to support the brand.
- Works closely with R&D and other scientific/Medical functions.
- Ensures disseminating the Global Medical Strategy and Plan to regions/countries and adapting to local/regional needs.
- Ensure creation of a clear strategy and action plan to address data gaps.
- Work closely with the Pub and Comm. team to optimize the data published and disseminating to support the brand strategy.
- Provides input into regional engagement plans with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other key external stakeholders aligned with the regional/country Medical Affairs plan.
- Maintains in-depth understanding of the disease state, product, competitors, marketplace, related medical areas, and regulatory guidelines.
- With the VP of Scientific, strategy acts as the Lead resource to external stakeholders (e.g. caregivers, patients, healthcare professionals) but also internal associates who request information on company products, ensuring accurate and appropriate responses.
- Captures and provides timely insights on emerging clinical and scientific trends back to the organization.
- Delivers timely, fair balanced, objective, scientific and economic information and education to health care customers, managed markets/healthcare/payer
- Actively contributes to the execution of the company's strategy at scientific meetings in support of Regional Medical Director meeting/booth coverage and KOL meetings.
- Provides medical input into Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), disease models, epidemiological studies, market research, and real-world study proposals.
- Travel as needed to the stakeholder groups throughout the regions and countries to proactively execute the above responsibilities and effect the desired outcomes.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Advanced Scientific degree, MD with 8 years of direct experience in Medical Affairs.
- Specific spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) clinical experience, in either an industry, clinical, or laboratory setting is preferred.
- Neurology, Neurodegenerative disease and/or pediatric specialty experience, in either an industry, clinical, or laboratory setting.
- Experience with data analysis, synthesis and presentations.
- Experience interacting with other providers (HCPs), opinion leaders (KOLs), and researchers (PIs).
- Experience with Payer organizations preferred.
- Overall strong ability to understand the disease state, mechanism of action, value proposition - both from an absolute and relative/competitive standpoint - combined with speaking and presentations skills (i.e. gravitas) to ensure trustful and authoritative interactions with all stakeholder sets (KOLs, payers, patients, patient advocacy groups, etc.).
- 50% - 60% international travel.
- Comfortable in creating and making presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in cross functional matrix environment
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and employee recognition scheme are some of the benefits you will receive as an employee of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.