We are currently looking to fill an Archivist IV position. This position directs, designs, develops, recommends, and implements information storage and retrieval systems. Builds, updates, and maintains retention schedules. Conducts legal requested research vital to determine retention values and evaluates and recommend designations of records that are considered vital to the organization. Writes procedures and provides training to end users. Supports external customers and leads associated processes to ensure successful transfer of records and information. Monitors Business Continuity Plan to ensure periodic testing, evaluation and modification based on results and changing practices and processes.
The records management lifecycle includes developing and receiving, active use, storage (inactive use), and disposition (destroy or transfer) and is inclusive of both physical and electronic records. Records management also includes recordkeeping, data protection and privacy, information security and information disclosure requirements to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory elements.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Conducting legal research to resolve retention conclusions and maintaining a legal reference library
• Coordinating the entry of the information inventory into the system to ensure accuracy and compliance with retention and disposition guidelines
• Integrating with Security, Privacy, and Legal to ensure Records Management processes and systems align with policies owned by these areas. Implement procedures to meet the policy requirements
• Monitoring processes for transferring or migrating information assets
• Establishing data rotation procedures for all electronic media stored onsite and offsite
• Researching, developing, revising, and monitoring a controlled vocabulary (e.g., thesauri, taxonomies)
• Helping implement the information security classification policy and procedures
• Collaborating with IT to incorporate recordkeeping requirements into systems design or upgrade and ensure that all electronic information is protected
• Identifying retention series and build descriptions after analyzing the information assets to be incorporated into the archives
• Maintaining systems for disseminating retention schedules
• Maintaining a destruction register of approved dispositions
• Researching, compiling, analyzing and visualizing data to understand the performance of the processes and identify improvement opportunities and drive the opportunities to implementation
• Making recommendations on drafting policies by reviewing and analyzing systems and requirements in line with standard methodologies
• Collaborating with partners to achieve compliance with the program
• Monitoring and reporting changes in the business environment that have an impact on the creation and use of information
• Helping design programs by correlating processes and legal and operational issues to the requirements
• Directing the processing of information assets involved with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations by applying classification and taxonomy schemes so that information assets are handled using established controls and processes.
• Training end users in disaster planning and recovery
• Performing risk analysis and assessment of proposed changes to resolve risk-benefit profile
• Providing input to Business Continuity efforts by assessing and detailing critical business processes and identifying vital records
• Participating in the implementation of disaster recovery plans to ensure that information assets are available after a business disruption
• Leading Records Management projects
• Assisting legal counsel and management with the legal hold process
• Maintaining knowledge and awareness of industry trends, methods, and technologies related to inactive records
• Identifying vital records and recommends and implements proper procedures and equipment for their protection
• Representing Records Management during internal audits and external inspections and drives an Inspection Ready 365 posture
• Maintaining departmental databases, preparing and analyzing metrics for trends and improvement opportunities
This role may be for you if you have:
• Knowledge in Federal laws and National Archives and Records Management (NARA) policies and procedures relating to records management
• Knowledge in GLP archival, records and information management, or library sciences
• Proven attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently with moderate supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work well under time restraint
To be considered for this role it is required to have completed a Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of record management/archivist experience, preferably in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry, in records/information management and/or library sciences. Certification in Records Management or Information Management (e.g. Certified Records Manager, NARA Records Certification, AIIM records related certification, Enterprise Content Management Specialists) preferred. May substitute proven experience for education requirement.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.