AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This is an intermediate level engineering position, working in Operations on Sustaining and New Product Introduction projects. This position will work directly with all departments to create Engineering Change Orders (ECO's), Change Requests (CR's), and CAPA Investigations (Corrective Action & Preventative Actions). A variety of software will be used, such as CREO/Solidworks (3D Modeling), Arena (Doc Control), and NiceLabel/Illustrator (Labeling).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Update drawings and initiate ECO's in support of Sustaining Engineering and Operations needs
- Solve Sustaining engineering problems through investigation and design as part of a team
- Design fixtures, jigs, and tooling to support Test and Process Engineering needs
- Create labels and associated artwork needed to support Production and Regulatory needs
- Project manage engineering projects
- Perform CAPA investigations with root cause analysis
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on, and track, multiple projects and ECO's simultaneously
- Work cross-functionally to implement design solutions and provide documentation as required
- Work closely with other departments and outside entities, e.g. vendors and contract resources, to insure design and documentation conformance to all quality requirements
- Contribute to identifying and implementing process and design improvements
- Create mechanical drafting drawings to ANSI Standard and GD&T
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have bachelor's degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering or other technical BS degree; At least 7+ years working in the field; experience supporting a manufacturing line (electro-mechanical medical devices) is preferred
- Detail-oriented with respect to design and documentation procedures
- Project management experience is preferred
- CAPA or root cause investigation experience preferred
- Statistical knowledge preferred; sample size calculation, bell curves, mean, standard deviation, t-tests
- Exposure to systems or parts of systems that have contained basic knowledge in the areas of injection molding, sheet metal, machined parts, fluid fittings, heat exchangers, adhesives, electronic circuitry, flex circuits, connectors, cables, and packaging
- Documentation systems experience is preferred (Arena or similar)
- A drive to get the job done in the face of obstacles, conflicting priorities and time constraints. Ability to reach out into the organization for assistance and resources when needed
- Some knowledge of electrical engineering or software is also preferred
- Experience in using 3D modeling software; Creo or Solidworks experience is preferred
- Competent using MS Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications, technical procedures and vendor data sheets or instructions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues and status to project team members
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA's Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies
Language and Verbal Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, specifications, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues, and project status.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in complicated, advanced engineering or mathematical formats.
Project Management Skills:
Ability to identify milestones and components of a project, organize and sequence tasks, understand a gantt chart, set goals, summarize and communicate status.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to analyze a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and interpret various abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read technical and clinical literature and documents and extract important concepts.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day.
Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
Allergan is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.