Lead Mobile Engineer
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and many more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we're building a high performing product engineering team to do just that.
Our leadership has a fresh and innovative vision for how the company should approach digital marketing and product. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our customers in a more personalized and effective way. We're looking for a strong Lead Mobile Engineer who is interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. You will deep dive into various data sources to identify insights that support Allergan Aesthetics business, design data pipelines in collaboration with data engineers, and team up with data scientists to identify new technologies and data infrastructures to improve maintainability and performance of the machine learning models.
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- Solid understanding of end to end software lifecycle
- Proven track record of successful deployment of fully automated classification, regression, clustering or recommendation models at scale
- Experience with writing enterprise level code to process, transport, analyze, and store data within SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expert level proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with managing and architecting solutions on AWS or similar public clouds
- Good understanding of serverless technologies (such as AWS Lambda and Step functions or similar cloud providers) is a plus
- Developing high performance API to expose data products is a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience/certifications
- Must be collaborative and fun to work with, with good communication skills
- Experience working with data scientists and data engineers
- Coordinating and communicating with various stakeholders and partners including business and technical leaders
- Participating in project management through capturing and developing tasks and stories, assisting in managing the backlog
- Understanding of agile methodology
- Mentoring junior team members
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with up to 8% company match
- Vacation / PTO
- Entire week off for the holidays
- Brand new MacBook Pro and accompanying equipment to do great work
- Attend a tech conference of your choice each year
- On-campus restaurant
- On-campus gym, tennis court, basketball court and softball field
- Discounts on Allergan products
The Allergan Data Labs team is led and comprised of technology and marketing experts with experience ranging from successful tech startups to large medical corporations. We welcome the interest and opportunity to speak with those from all backgrounds.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.