Sr. Manager, Pricing & Contracting
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Sr. Manager - Market Access, Pricing & Contracting
The Senior Manager, Pricing & Contracting will be a key member of the Pricing & Contracting team within the broader Market Access organization and is primarily responsible for managing the operational implementation and execution of all Commercial and Medicare contracts. This individual will frequently collaborate with internal teams such as Market Access, Legal, Finance, Accounting, IT, as well as external customers such as Payers, PBMs, Wholesalers, Specialty Pharmacies and GPOs.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for maintaining all contracts and related terms and conditions, including pricing and membership, within contracting systems. Additional responsibilities include calculating, analyzing, documenting and validating rebates and fees associated with all commercial contracts. Also, this role will be responsible for resolving contract implementation issues, data discrepancies, verifying customer compliance with contractual terms, and responding to internal and external inquiries.
As a member of the broader Market Access team, this role will often be called upon to assist in a wide variety of capacities consistent with a rapidly growing organization.
- Own the contracting process for Pricing & Contracting and act as the liaison between Market Access, Legal, Finance and Procurement
- On-site negotiations in partnership with field and customer
- Management and systematic review of contract templates and playbooks and incorporating best contracting practices and provisions
- Work closely with the National Account Executives and Directors in the negotiation of contract terms and conditions GPOs, Wholesalers, Distributors, Payers and Specialty Pharmacies
- Making significant contributions as a lead internal subject matter expert on brand and segment strategies in relation to managed care contract development, execution, and ongoing performance assessment
- Monitor agreements throughout the contract life cycle process
- Respond to various partner/stakeholder questions, inquiries, requests for clarification, etc. regarding contracts and terms/conditions or other items
- Compile reports that summarize commercial contract sales, rebates, and fees for review by management
- Collaborate with IT to develop requirements to ensure operational compliance and efficiency
- Effectively and proactively communicate with external customers and internal teams as needed to ensure alignment, accuracy, and timeliness
- Participate in planned and ad-hoc special projects within the broader Market Access organization
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical contract and negation experience preferred
- Ability to independently draft, negotiate and administer contracts
- Ability to work towards strict deadlines, as well as independently on multiple simultaneous assignments
- PC literacy required; MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.