Manager, Commercial Contracting
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Commercial Market Access Pricing Organization is responsible for the execution and management of the commercial agreements with U.S. Private Payers for the entirety of AbbVie's branded product portfolio. These Commercial Contracts exceed $35Bn in gross sales and manage over $10Bn in Gross to Net Rebate processing. The Manager, Market Access Contracting supports the contract management of one of the Big Three Pharmaceutical Benefits Manager customers for the portfolio and the corresponding operational processes associated with these relationships.
Primary responsibilities include supporting the strategic objectives of the Market Access organization by facilitating the creation, maintenance, and management of the commercial contracting process, consistent with established pricing policies/procedures. This position is also responsible for managing the analysis, invoicing validation, corresponding dispute resolution, and payment of rebate claims within contracted timelines.
Provide routine and ad hoc financial analysis. Provide a high level of independent support in the initial development and ongoing Actual to Plan reconciliation of all required schedules for Plan/LBE/LRP. Provide financial support for the quarterly balance sheet review.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Governance Process/Procedures and their movement through the system/process.
- Manage contracting requests, including the maintenance of term extensions, amendments and restatements.
- Manage, analyze, and validate all aspects of rebate payments.
- Evaluate and dispute the plan's contract compliance and review performance against contractual objectives.
- Understand software application systems (Model N) for accurate and efficient rebate processing.
- Review actual to plan reconciliations for assigned accounts on required schedules for Plan/Update/LBE/LRP.
- Continuous review of rebates paid to ensure compliance with OEC and government pricing calculation requirements.
- Continuous interactions with legal, third party rebate processor, Government Pricing, Market Access Marketing and National Market Access Sales Management and Account Executives.
- Special projects as needed, including acquisition integration and system upgrade implementation.
Manage staff of one to two Senior Financial Analysts.
Lead analysis and evaluation of Market Access contracts (Commercial, Medicare and Managed Medicaid, Health Exchanges) including analysis of utilization and market share data for rebate agreements.
Coordinate the preparation of contract documents to provide total inclusion of all negotiated terms and conditions consistent with good business practices:
- Ensure that contract terms are consistent with established pricing guidelines and procedures and Medicaid Best Price strategies.
- Ensure that financial and contractual commitments are met, managing the processing of rebate data via a third-party vendor, and ensuring the timely and accurate payment, reporting and planning of the rebates.
Incumbent will interact with multiple levels of management, including AbbVie US Business Unit Directors and Account Managers. The incumbent is expected to assume full responsibility for the review and analysis of major projects with minimal supervision and technical guidance.
Basic Qualifications: 6+ Years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience
The candidate must also possess the following skill sets:
- Function independently and provide the leadership required to negotiate change/compromise to drive the business forward to reach the intended goals
- The ability to interact with and support senior level management and to partner effectively and independently in a matrix organization.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills.
- Adapt at analyzing and summarizing data from multiple sources.
- Extensive interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills including a comfort level with presenting to various levels of executive management.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint technical and content strategy skills.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and due dates, and shifting priorities, under tight timeframes.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
- Open to new ideas, creative and utilizes value-added principles in approach.
- Planning and forecasting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of TM1, Model N, COGNOS, Qlikview preferred.
Bachelor's Degree in finance/accounting or business preferred or equivalent experience required.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.