Manager/Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics
Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy.
Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company. If you want to learn more about job opportunities at Xenon, please visit www.xenon-pharma.com This position will be located in the Vancouver area, BC, Canada or the Boston area, MA, USA; we may consider other locations for an exceptional candidate.
Initially reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Manager/Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics, will lead and support a variety of analytic initiatives to support development and commercialization of Xenon’s Discovery and Clinical product candidates in accordance with overall product development and commercialization plans.
As the initial commercial analytics and business intelligence team member, you will be responsible for executing an insights-driven analytics and business intelligence plan that proactively helps drive performance and shape the future of pipeline agents. The Manager/Senior Manager will work independently and collaboratively as a key member of a cross functional teams focusing on analytical support and evaluation of pipeline candidates.
- Lead internal forecasting for clinical stage product candidates and discovery programs. Activities will include maintaining forecast assumptions, updating commercial forecasts when additional information/events arise (e.g. TPP updates, clinical trial outcomes, competitive events, etc.).
- Analyze new and current product opportunities to determine indications and their market revenue potential, Net Present Value, Expected Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return, thereby evaluating a project’s financial viability, contributing to the direction of clinical development and possible marketing strategies.
- Perform sensitivity analyses such as for product pricing and indication treatment rates and the potential negative effects of competing products.
- Support external market research efforts to inform forecast inputs. Activities will include developing RFPs and research objectives, coordinating with external research partners to address data gaps and inform strategic decisions for the organization.
- Lead Competitive Intelligence efforts, keeping apprised of developments for external products that are in competition with Xenon’s pipeline and strategic areas of interest. Efforts will include tracking pipeline developments, competitor data, sales and marketing efforts and competitor strategy in order to provide a robust picture of the competitive landscape across key areas of interest. Deliverables include ad hoc updates to Executive Team and Quarterly Briefing Book for the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other policies, procedures and systems relevant to the Commercial function and aligned with SOPs in other functional areas.
- Develop and propose goals in accordance with overall Company and Commercial strategies.
- Manager budget proposals and approved budgets in accordance with the Company’s strategic and operating plans and Finance policies.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any.
- Other duties as required from time to time, including some travel.
- BA or BS degree required; Graduate degree in business or healthcare preferred
- Pharmaceutical/Healthcare experience is an advantage
- 2-5 years in the pharmaceutical space conducting advanced analytics
- Track record of successfully driving change and delivering results in ambiguous environments and working in a high performing matrix organization
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to frame business issues and apply data analysis to support real-time decision-making
- Strong business acumen who has translational capabilities between data analytics and business questions
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple priorities that require strong project management and decision-making capabilities
- Resourceful and creative — must bring fresh insights to a dynamic business environment
- Ability to establish mutually productive and positive relationships with internal and external groups
- Experience of working in a regulated environment with Legal and Compliance organizations
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now to create a candidate profile, and complete the job application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.