Senior Scientist - Research
Research - San Diego, CA
We seek a highly talented and motivated Senior Scientist to drive Adcentrx Therapeutics ground-breaking efforts in cancer biotherapeutics drug development. The candidate will join a new team of researchers in San Diego, with the goal of developing novel targeted therapeutics that can make a difference in the life of cancer patients.
The Senior Scientist will report to the Head of Research and will work closely with members of the research team, as well as the development team. It is expected that the individual will shape discovery research projects, expand their technical capabilities, and build collaborations to enhance the scope and impact of the work of the team.
The candidate will be part of a cross-functional team in a highly collaborative and dynamic research environment working closely on a shared mission. The Senior Scientist has the opportunity to be mentored and grow over time into a recognized leader in bio-oncology drug development.
- Design, conduct, and analyze in vitro and in vivo experiments to validate targets and biologics in the context of cancer therapy
- Aid in the analysis of genomic, phenotypic, spatial and molecular data from internal and external sources
- Implement cellular, molecular, and biochemical assays for investigating oncology protein target function in cancer and immune cells, as well as selection of biotherapeutics product candidates
- Collaborate with scientists across different departments to accomplish the research goals
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings by presenting experimental plans and results
- PhD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g. immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, cancer genetics, cancer biology, molecular oncology)
- Experience in cellular biology, cancer immunotherapy, or translational research and ability to perform high quality functional assays.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of basic research experience preferably in an industry setting
- Demonstrated record of leading a team of 1-2 research associates
- Fluent in basic cellular and molecular assays involving cancer cell lines or primary immune cells, such as multi-color flow cytometry (FACs), magnetic cell sorting, Western blotting, ELISA, and qPCR
- Be able to distill complex issues and clearly articulate solutions
- Ability to collaborate, lead, influence and motivate others
- Ability to demonstrate effectiveness and growth
Adcentrx Therapeutics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, 401(k), company paid holidays, and stock options.
Adcentrx Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more, visit us at http://www.adcentrx.com