Sr. Manager, Medical Aesthetics Rebate Administration
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Sr. Manager, Medical Aesthetics Rebate Administration is responsible for accurately managing the activities associated with the implementation and administering of Medical Aesthetic rebates. Activities associated with contractual arrangements with customers including proper evaluation and interpretation of contractual terms and conditions and requirements. Position will be responsible for ensuring that contractual terms and conditions are updated and maintained within Allergan's Revenue Management System and that all rebate claims are accurately validated, processed and paid in a timely basis. Rebate obligations and rebate processing to be completed with detailed calculations and analysis.
The Sr. Manager, Medical Aesthetics Rebate Administration, works cross-functionally with internal colleagues in Aesthetic Contracting, Physician Loyalty, Accounts Payable, Customer Service, Business Technology, and Financial & Revenue Accounting. Additionally, position supports Allergan customers to provide rebate review and resolution of contract or rebate issues.
The Sr. Manager, Medical Aesthetic Rebate Administration is responsible for actively participating in developing policies and procedures to support operational efficiency and financial controls. Position is responsible for staffing, training and mentoring colleagues supporting Medical Aesthetic Rebate Administration.
The requirements described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Business Knowledge: Understanding of pharmaceutical industry including customer contracting, product flow and rebate administration.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical pricing and contracting and related rebate administration payment processes.
- Technology: Proficient in most Microsoft applications; Significant experience working with and knowledge of pharmaceutical Revenue Management Systems.
- Skills: Strong communication, organizational, and communication skills; Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet timelines; Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong financial analysis skills, with an emphasis on trending and forecasting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel.
- Working knowledge of Order to Cash operations.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to think through and solve complex problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and excel in handling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, able to work well alone as well as part of a team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required with degrees in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical contracting, commercial finance and/or related financial operations.
- Experience with managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials)
- Experienced pharmaceutical / life sciences
- Expert level skills with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Working knowledge of Order to Cash functions (SAP)
- Strong knowledge of Revenue Management Systems (Revitas/Model N Flex)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.