Principal Quantitative Systems Pharmacologist
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Principal Quantitative Systems Pharmacologist creates and executes modeling and simulation strategies and analysis plans to drive organizational impact from development to regulatory submission and post-marketing applications.
- Develops PBPK and/or systems pharmacology models that achieve project and therapeutic area goals
- Acts as a lead modeler on multiple studies and investigates, identifies, develops, and optimizes new PBPK and/or systems pharmacology models
- Writes, communicates, and presents PBPK and/or system pharmacology materials, strategies and techniques; presents modeling and simulation materials in reports and internal/external meetings
- Develops productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines, including pre-clinical PK/PD, discovery, drug product dissolution, and formulation
- Integrates knowledge of all aspects of development from Discovery through Phase 4 (exposure, safety, efficacy, formulation, regulatory impact)
- Contributes to regulatory responses and post-marketing responses using modeling and simulation
- Leads the interpretation of study-related projects for external publications, project reviews, reports and/or regulatory submissions
- Promotes learning and knowledge-sharing through educational sessions and workshops and remains cognizant of important developments in the field
- Maintains and fosters external engagement with leadership groups, consortia, and scientific committees
- PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Systems Biology, Bio-Engineering, Mathematical Biology or a related area, with 3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated technical expertise on systems pharmacology, PBPK or pharmacometrics projects, including modeling expertise in platforms such as Simcyp, GastroPlus, MATLAB, and/or R and/or other relevant software
- Demonstrated ability to impact clinical development programs through the use of modeling and simulation in PK/PD, Biopharmaceutics, PBPK, and/or Systems Pharmacology
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly convey strategies to leadership and cross functional partners
- Key Leadership Competencies: Builds strong relationships with cross-functional teams to enable higher performance; leads inter-disciplinary teams; shows the ability to take initiative; promotes effective collaboration across disciplines; shows vision to connect efforts to patient benefit; demonstrates prospective thought process; creates a learning environment and shows innovative thinking
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.