Senior Quantitative Systems Pharmacologist I
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Senior Quantitative Systems Pharmacologist I develops mathematical models (PBPK models, systems pharmacology, and/or pharmacometrics) to answer relevant clinical and biopharmaceutics questions for various project teams.
- Executes PBPK and/or systems pharmacology models on one or more studies to answer specific clinical and biopharmaceutics questions
- Contributes to systems modeling or mechanistic modeling plans to drive therapeutic area success in areas including PK/PD, toxicodynamics, biopharmaceutics, and disease modeling
- Performs model optimization, parameter estimation, and model verification of existing PBPK and/or systems pharmacology models
- Writes, communicates, and presents PBPK and/or system pharmacology materials; presents modeling and simulation materials in reports and internal/external meetings
- Contributes to drug development teams by preparing PK/PD interpretations of reports for regulatory filings, clinical protocols, DDI study designs and in support of formulation selection, and dissolution specifications
- Understands regulatory advances, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for model-informed drug development
- Performs literature review and regulatory document review to ensure state-of-the-art modeling activities
- Contributes to presentation of model results for external publications, project reviews, reports and/or regulatory submissions
- Participates in external scientific groups to promote modeling and simulation activities
- PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Systems Biology, Bio-Engineering, Mathematical Biology or a related area
- Demonstrated proficiency on systems pharmacology, PBPK or pharmacometrics projects
- Demonstrated experience with modeling and simulation software including MATLAB, R, Simcyp, GastroPlus, or PK-Sim and/or other relevant software
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish one or more of PBPK modeling, QSP modeling, biopharmaceutics, or pharmacometric (PK/PD) activities from planning to implementation through completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Key leadership competencies: Builds strong relationships; performs efficiently in joint interdisciplinary teams; learns fast; can change course quickly where indicated; open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.