IBT Program Manager
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The selected Program Manager will lead a team of project managers supporting new product launches. Key responsibilities include supporting brand planning, strategic and tactical planning, and resource planning. In addition, he/she will be responsible for planning, organizing, and tracking progress of integrated launch plans. Other responsibilities include planning launch related events, and project management of key initiatives identified by the Integrated Brand team. He/she will work closely with key leaders of the Marketing team and other internal groups to deliver excellence and ensure successful product launches and on market support.
- Relationship Management: Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with key leaders, across all cross-functional areas within the company and develop a thorough understanding and knowledge in the science of the diseases, the business, and challenges.
- Program Communication: Communicate program progress by producing timely and accurate program/project status reports to program/project teams, and senior commercial leadership. Makes recommendations based on current program/project status to resolve issues and manage risks.
- Resource and Team Management: Monitor Franchise pipeline to identify new IBT PM resource requirements. Coordinate resources to ensure program and business needs are addressed through proactive priority management with the commercial business. Motivates and mentors project managers across the franchise.
- Initiate and Plan Program: Works with commercial business partners to establish and gain consensus on program goals, objectives, and deliverables across the franchise. Responsible for building the plans and resource needs to accomplish business objectives.
- Program Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect the program working with the brand/product lead and business partners to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the program is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Executing and Closing Program: Lead program/project teams in developing and executing a program plan ensuring that authorized resources are obtained to ensure all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final program approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Quality Management: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and functional policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with experience managing projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Can motivate and influence others without direct management authority.
- Ability to understand and organize programs and project tasks for several different cross-functional business teams.
- Highly organized, meets project deadlines and proactively delivers on business objectives.
- Product launch and commercial market-access experience.
- Experience with AbbVie brands, products, and teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Pharmaceutical experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- PPM Tool experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.